Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Krista's Mission Call!!



The day that we have been all been waiting for arrived!!! Krista got her mission call to The Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission on Wednesday, and she reports to the MTC September 12th. She is STOKED. And so am I!! Here's how the day went.

I got out of class and called Kris, who was on her way home from conducting an interview at the baseball stadium, and I RAN to the mailbox... Krista of course had hijacked the mail key a few days ago, but LUCKILY, there is a crack in our mailbox and I was able to peer through the door and see that THE MISSION CALL WAS IN THERE!! I waited for Kris to get home, and she opened the mailbox and we both started screaming our heads off!!!




Then she had like 3 emotional breakdowns, tried to open it, and changed her clothes 4 times. Everybody came to our apartment- Summer & Andy, Billy, Mackenzie, Kim, Angie, Heidi, and then we got Jamie, Charina, and CJ on skype/cell phones.




Then brother and sister Roy came! With pepperoni rolls and chocolate peanut butter cookies! Pretty much right after that Krista just kinda lost it and was like, "OK I'M GOING FOR IT." She ripped open the envelope, and just started laughing. And crying at the same time, actually. She tried to say what the call was 2-3 times, but she was just laughing so hard that she couldn't do it. She said, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" as her mom yelled out, "REXBURG" and "PROVO" And then she said, "I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING WHEN I SAY THIS: The Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission!!" And everyone laughed. And she said, "What the heck?!"





It has been 2 days and the tears of joy and disbelief have not ceased! After that we went to Cafe Rio, checked out Billy & Krista's newly painted row boat, (FREE BIRD), and went to Krispy Kreme, where Brother Roy led us in a chorus of Happy Birthday to the cashier named Tyler. I have never been so endeared to Brother and Sister Roy than I was on this day!! Krista looks like Sister Roy and she talks like Brother Roy. They are both so funny and kind, and I am so happy that they are my best friend's parents!













Anyway, that's what happened; its all a little surreal still. In other news, spring term is half way over! I sewed a jacket! I have strep throat! And it's memorial day weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Lise!!! That was a good post! Are you over your strep yet? That pretty much sounds terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Elise! I am so endeared to you! Why don't I know your soul more?? Thanks for takin' care of Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elise you are just THE BEST roommate we've ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elise! ALl Roys have commented on this post! I am happy that you got a picture of Billy and Krista hugging. Don't tell anyone that is my secret hope for always happening :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaim! Char! Mama Roy! Ceej! I love you all! Yes, I am over strep. I love taking care of Kris! And I wish I knew your soul better too- but I think we pretty much bonded when you brought your child to Provo and I held him stiffly while you all ate JDawgs! I knew Kris wasn't going to put up the Billy/Kris/hugging picture, so I felt like I needed to. Kris is this best roommate I'VE ever had, and I am sad that I will not be living with her next year... Regardless of whether or not she goes on her mission ;) But I like you all. And Bum. And Doug. haha

    ReplyDelete