Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lugazi or bust!



I got accepted to Help International's Lugazi, Uganda Team this Monday, and had training from 9-5:30 on Friday and Saturday... super long but really good stuff. I'm so excited! I'm scheduled to leave in the 3rd wave from July 13-August 24. But I will probably try to leave a week early and roam around Europe for like a week before I get to Uganda. I have been wanting to do this since I was in 9th grade, and its FINALLY going to happen! i'm psyched to go help the people and grow and learn from them myself. Its going to be an incredible experience.

Rachel came for the weekend!! She was supposedly coming to check out campus, but everyone knows she was just here to see me :) We hooliganized a lot, going to Festival of Colors, Ihop, Cafe Rio, and a bunch of other random places. I love her so much and I am so happy she is coming to BYU next year!! It's going to be a PARTAY AND A HALF!

Also... festival of colors. It was like half-raining/half snowing when we were driving down there... so i wasn't super excited, but it always turns out to be fun. We didn't even have to buy any chalk, cause there were just a couple packets layin around on the ground. Got to see some llamas, explore a desecrated Krishna temple, and be inducted into the Hindu religion... just kidding. I'm Mormon and proud of it. Afterwards we hit up IHOP. SO GOOD. Its been way too long since i've had me my NY cheesecake pancakes. to. die. for. Cept everyone was lookin at us kinda weird cause we were "Queen Elizabeth's runaway orphan step-children" (Krista Roy). The things she comes up with haha.

There is love in the air! The boy that wrote Kim on her mission is here for a couple of weeks, his name is Josh, and they are precious! I love to see Kim happy and twitterpated!! :) Didn't get to see John very much this weekend... After getting out of a half hour shower trying to scrub hindu paint off of my scalp, he had called me up, leaving a message of him singing his alternate lyrics to "Fallin for You" by Colbie Callait ("why aren't you answerin your phooooooone? Why arent you answerin your phoo-ooo-ooo-ooone?") So I headed over there for the rest of the allotted time before curfew... 20 minutes. haha. But worth it :) Oh and grandma invited us to go to the sizzler with her! surprise surprise! when i told her we were going to ihop, and that she could come with us she's like... 'no... thats ok." :) gotta love my grandma. I've eaten out so much this week... that I don't want to eat out ever again. barf. Too much food. Speaking of FOOD!! Me and rach, and hopefully Kris & Sum-bum are going to take an intro to cooking class next fall! I'm psyched! Yesterday when I was walking down to the sewing lab... I saw three people walk by one after the other... all holding apple pies. I was like DANG I NEED TO TAKE THAT CLASS!! excitement!!

Also this weekend... went over to Heather & Alyssa's for Heather's bachelorette party. CRAZY. She is getting married!!! Still can hardly believe it. It was fun to see all the flo mo's, and eat some reeses haha. Lys... dating someone?! Crazy!

I AM GOING TO GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!! My momma got me tickets from our Stake President in Lewisville, so I am GOING!!

Anyway.. the point is... I'm gonna go. k bye.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post. And I like you. And i am sorry sometimes I falter. But you are dear :)

    ReplyDelete