Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Babies.

So I got this call from Kris this morning, and she was panting and sounding really stressed. You know why? CJ's water broke. and Krista was going to go down and watch her give birth. sick huh? But also pretty cool. So she drove and drove and drove down to Monroe, and witnessed the birth of CharlyAnne Jill Carter! Such a joyous occasion.

Also, today there was an Earthquake in my motherland. Japan. Thoughts are going out to all the victims.

But the point is.... UGANDA!!! I applied for the Help International Program to Uganda this summer, and I got a call today asking for an interview! I'm so psyched! Man, if I get in... it will be the best adventure of my life to date. I have been wanting this since I was in 9th grade, and it might actually happen this summer!! What the heck?!

John found out that he is jobless in Utah, which makes him happy, because that means he gets to go to Alaska this summer, haha. He said he has never been so happy to hear that he isn't getting hired. He will have a blast catching birds, growing facial hair, and building trails, or whatever the heck he is doing. A whole summer is such a long time to be away from each other!! But I think sometimes distance is an important thing. You get to see if things actually will work out. So I am happy, with reservations.

I am going home. In like... 7 weeks. CRAZY. I get to see my family, and hopefully get a job somewhere cool, and see my family, and maybe take an online class, and see my family, and watch Rachel graduate, and see my family. oh yeah, did I mention I get to see my family?! What's super cool, is my cousins from Missouri are coming down for Rach's grad, and I haven't seen them since I was 6. That's FOURTEEN YEARS, PEOPLE! It's gonna be a party and a half!

And in other news from the past...

On Valentine's day we didn't really have time to do much... John had a test the next morning. So we went to Cafe Rio, and then headed up to campus to study! The weekend before we actually did some fun stuff though... We went up to Payson to ride horses. It was a little snowier than the last time however, and my horse started slipping down the side of the mountain we were riding on, and I fell off, miraculously above the horse, and not below it where I would have gotten trapped under. A couple weekends ago, I went up to Rexburg with John, and three random Asians that didn't speak very good english that we found off of the rideboard in the wilk. what. an. adventure. The weather was nasty and cold, but the experience was great! We stayed at John's brother & sister-in-law's house (Dan & Anne). They are awesome! And so funny! And Anne makes the best food ever! We got there, and she's like, 'how bout some chocolate pizza?' what the heck? haha. OH YEAH and we ate at this taco bus thing... It was like a Mexican restaurant... in a bus. Way weird. but such good food. I got to go to my 11th temple- Rexburg. I did baptisms with my favorite cousin, Ryan, and we chilled at his house for a bit and went to Cocoa Bean Cupcake Cafe, which is super good. We climbed a butte, and Dan told us all these random facts about rocks (He's a geologist), and then I accidentally threw a rock at John's face... and hit him in the head with a tree branch... He wasn't very happy with me haha. And that's... pretty much it. Rexburg is like a ghost town, but it was just fun to get out of p-town. The next weekend, the wildlife club was having an activity up at an Alpaca Farm owned by one of the BYU professors in Moroni. We stayed in wood-stove log cabins, and ate llama burger for breakfast, and john taught me how to drive a stick-shift tractor. Weird, but pretty cool. And we tried to cow-tip in the middle of the night, but the cows had tags on their ears and we thought they were horns so we (John) got freaked out and ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment