Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

JDRF

A poem, I wrote to raise money for JDRF:

The time is upon us! The time is at hand!

Send out the word- across all the land!

Tell sisters and brothers- cousins and aunts!

Your great great grandmothers with stretchy old pants!

There are children in need, all over the world.

Whose voices- to everyone- need to be heard!

They ve gotten together with friends and family

For the futures of all, they d like to guarantee.

There are people who re walking. They re marching to say:

We don t like how diabetes treats people this way!

It s monstrous! It s evil! It makes people mad!

It affects lots of families- it makes people sad!

In fact, my dear friend, did you know? Listen here:

Over 15,000 children are diagnosed each year.

That s the US alone! I can tell you firsthand,

It's time to get up! Off your seats! Make a stand!

So today, my dear friend, all I will ask of you

Open your piggy bank, see what you can do

Even if just a dollar- a dollar! my friend,

Every cent helps diabetes come to an end.

Pass this message along, help us to ensure

Diabetes is conquered! Help JDRF find a cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment