Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Certain of Uncertainties

I feel like I'm having a mid-life crisis.

I'm having all these doubts about the direction my life is going. My major, my decision to come back home this summer, my plans to go to Uganda, pretty much everything. It's like there's this voice in my head going, "Woah. you REALLY screwed up, didn't you? HA!" Not really sure why. Maybe because everything in the past month or so hasn't gone the way I'd hoped, or even the way I thought it would. Or maybe... maybe its because its Friday the 13th. Huh... I hadn't thought of that. Either way, I've been freaking out the past few days about it all. And it made me think about this kid in my freshman ward, whose little brother died of cancer during the first semester. He always shared this scripture with us, it was “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2 Tim. 1:6–7.) I know that I've prayed about the decisions that I've made in my life thus far, and I have felt like its the right thing to do. I think I just need a reminder sometimes that even though I can't find a single job to hire me in 4 cities and 2 counties, I got my heart broken and sometimes still cry about it, fundraising for Uganda isn't actually working out, and the dogs I am "pet-watching" pooped all over the floor and I barfed in the process of cleaning it up, Heavenly Father is still watchin out for me and guiding my life. And I just need to have faith in that. And probably go running a little more. And maybe even do my homework. And it might be a good idea to go to bed and stop watching how to train your dragon...

1 comment: